Project Title: A Feasibility Study for the Improvement of Existing Natural Turf Sports Pitches
Client: Bowmer and Kirkland
Client Type: Developer
Funder: Bowmer and Kirkland/Education Funding Authority
- To undertake a detailed site investigation in order to characterise the underlying soil profile
- To prepare a set of development options for improving the condition and playability of the football pitches including drainage recommendations
- To derive indicative construction costs for budgetary purposes and present costed options where applicable
Key Technical Issues:
- To produce pitches compliant with Sport England Performance Quality Standards
- To improve the agronomic condition of the pitches in light of a previously limited/insufficient maintenance regime
- To appraise and quantify current agronomic conditions to be used as a basis for developing on site replacement facilities of a standard the same as or better.
- Establishment of a baseline Performance Quality Assessment using Sport England Guidelines
- Classification of the indigenous soil and site geology to best identify the most appropriate drainage solutions available
- Topographical and Electro Magnetic Inductance scans to evaluate contours for drainage design and assist in establishing soil/existing infrastructure variability beneath the site and to target detailed investigations
- A successful feasibility study that fulfilled all client requirements to an extent where the project has now moved onto construction.
“TGMS have provided a consistently high standard of service to Bowmer & Kirkland across our PSBP schools projects. Their detailed technical knowledge of Agronomy and ability to deliver against challenging programme requirements has proved them to be an asset to our teams” Chris Shaw – Bowmer and Kirkland